The Melodies in Motion Curriculum for Preschoolers
7 Step Class Curriculum! - Simply follow the numbers to teach the class.
Love Greeting Cards
- Make cards for self!
- Have kids draw “I Am Loved” cards and write positive attributes words about themselves!
-Draw self portrait or things they love.
Let kids take cards home with them.
Life Readiness Lessons:
Empathy, Kindness, Compassion, Conflict Resolution
Using the power in repetition,
A Love Song brings home the deep lessons
of compassion, empathy, the power of words, and
conflict resolution in a simple soothing repetitious song.
Children and adults will remember this song for a lifetime.
Choose Love Instead!
1. Circle Time
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
4. Dance the Melodies in Motion!
• 1. Watch the INTRO video to see what moves you will be doing!
• 2, Then watch the the full Melodies in Motion video.
• 3. Teacher dance with the video in background. (Kids may join in.)
• 4. Everyone dance!
*Repeat if you wish.
* The Motions are suggestions that tell a story and introduce basic Yoga standing poses and sign language to students. BUT KIDS CAN DANCE HOWEVER THEY WISH! Just have them start and come back to same place and, of course, respect other's space.
Song Lyrics • A Love Song
1. INTRO VIDEO
2. The Melodies in Motion - FULL VIDEO
A Love Song
5. Color Worksheets
7. Take Home Coloring Page
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto.
*They can also take it home to color it and remember all the good things from today!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
For the Classroom
CLASSROOM MOTTO FLIER
Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
• A Love Song
HEART'S HOME BASE
For the Melodies in Motion dance time you can create a heart (or color this page) for each child so that they start and come back to the same place. A yoga mat, pillow, or towel can also be used.
HEART'S HOME - OPTIONAL COLORING PAGE
• My Heart's Home Base for The Melodies in Motion dances
(Can also use felt, fabric, etc. to make the heart!)