The Melodies in Motion Curriculum for Preschoolers
7 Step Class Curriculum - Simply follow the numbers to teach the class!
Can You Be a Butterfly?
Use colored paper or kids color.
Cut Paper into wing shapes.
Attach with ribbon, string, or rubber bands.
Life Readiness Lessons:
Using Imagination, Building Confidence, Self-Esteem
Use your imagination. Can you be a butterfly?
Spirits soar in this slow moving almost lullaby song
that lulls children into a rhythmic state of fantasy and creativity. Strengthening the imagination muscles
with the power of visual, audio, and material images,
Can You Be a Butterfly helps children's
mind, body, and imagination soar!
Imagine it First!
1. Circle Time
2. Play audio and listen together
• Have kids close their eyes and listen to this short audio.
• Listen to Life Readiness Lesson Audio.
CAN YOU BE A BUTTERFLY
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
4. Dance the Melodies in Motion!
• 1. Watch the INTRO video to see what moves you will be doing!
• 2, Then watch the the full Melodies in Motion video.
• 3. Teacher dance with the video in background. (Kids may join in.)
• 4. Everyone dance!
*Repeat if you wish.
* The Motions are suggestions that tell a story and introduce basic Yoga standing poses and sign language to students. BUT KIDS CAN DANCE HOWEVER THEY WISH! Just have them start and come back to same place and, of course, respect other's space.
Song Lyrics • Can You Be a Butterfly?
1. INTRO VIDEO
CAN YOU BE A BUTTERFLY
2. The Melodies in Motion - FULL VIDEO
Can You Be a Butterfly song
5. Color Worksheets
Choose (or do both!)
• Life Readiness Lesson Worksheet.
Leading questions to ask as kids as they color:
- Do you think the Butterfly is scared to fly?
- How do you think he learned how to fly?
- Can you help the butterfly fly? Imagine it First!
(Connect the dots.)
- How would it feel if you could fly like a butterfly? A bumblebee?
• Matching Game.
- Color, cut out, and play the matching game!
7. Take Home Coloring Page
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto.
*They can also take it home to color it and remember all the good things from today!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
For the Classroom
CLASSROOM MOTTO FLIER
Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
• Butterfly Song
HEART'S HOME BASE
For the Melodies in Motion dance time you can create a heart (or color this page) for each child so that they start and come back to the same place. A yoga mat, pillow, or towel can also be used.
HEART'S HOME - OPTIONAL COLORING PAGE
• My Heart's Home Base for The Melodies in Motion dances
(Can also use felt, fabric, etc. to make the heart!)