THE MELODIES IN MOTION
Social and Emotional Tools:
Using Imagination, Building Confidence, Self-Esteem
Use your imagination. Can you be a butterfly?
Spirits store in this slow moving almost lullaby song
that lulls children into a rhythmic state
of fantasy and creativity. Strengthening the imagination muscles
with the power of visual, audio, and material images,
Can You Be a Butterfly helps children's mind body and spirit soar.
Imagine it First!
• Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
• Butterfly Song
1. Introduce the Melody MOTTO
• Talk to kids about lesson. Use these LEADING QUESTIONS:
- Do you know how to use your Imagination?
We use our imagination when we close our eyes and we think or see things in our mind's eye. If we are scared or think we can't do something, we can use our imagination to help us "Imagine it First!" That's the Melody MOTTO for the Butterfly song!
2. Play audio and listen together
• Have kids close their eyes and listen to this short audio.
• Listen to Life Readiness Lesson Audio.
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
5. Color Worksheets
Choose (or do both!)
• Life Readiness Lesson Worksheet.
Leading questions to ask as kids as they color:
- Do you think the Butterfly is scared to fly?
- How do you think he learned how to fly?
- Can you help the butterfly fly? Imagine it First!
(Connect the dots.)
- How would it feel if you could fly like a butterfly? A bumblebee?
• Matching Game.
- Color, cut out, and play the matching game!
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
• Give to parents to take home if you wish!
• Family Art Activity
• Melody MOTTO Card
• Parent PhD flier (done soon)
TEST- Thank You Song