The Melodies in Motion Curriculum for Preschoolers
7 Step Class Curriculum - Simply follow the numbers to teach the class!
The Thank You Song
Make Gratitude Journals!
Fold several pieces of paper in half.
Draw on the cover whatever you want!
Write (with adult help) or draw inside all
the things you are grateful for!
A good take home project too!
Life Readiness Lessons:
Positive Attitude, Confidence, Personal Responsibility
Can you say thank you in nine different languages?
You will be able to after hearing this song! Along with learning
the sign language for thank you with The Melodies in Motion movements!
The gentle rocking rhythm and repetition of
The Thank You Song lesson reminds children that
Gratitude Can Change Your Attitude and that doing so is as
simple as saying thank you in appreciation for a hug or a smile!
Use Gratitude to Change Your Attitude!
1. Introduce the Melody MOTTO
• Talk to kids about lesson. Use these CURIOUS QUESTIONS:
- Do you know how to change your attitude?
We can use Gratitude to Change our Attitude!
If we feel whiny or complain a lot, we can use Gratitude to Change our Attitude! That’s The Melody MOTTO for The Thank You Song!
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
4. Dance the Melodies in Motion!
• 1. Watch the INTRO video to see what moves you will be doing!
• 2, Then watch the the full Melodies in Motion video.
• 3. Teacher dance with the video in background. (Kids may join in.)
• 4. Everyone dance!
*Repeat if you wish.
* The Motions are suggestions that tell a story and introduce basic Yoga standing poses and sign language to students. BUT KIDS CAN DANCE HOWEVER THEY WISH! Just have them start and come back to same place and, of course, respect other's space.
Song Lyrics • The Thank You Song
1. INTRO VIDEO
2. The Melodies in Motion - FULL VIDEO
The Thank You Song
7. Take Home Coloring Page
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto.
*They can also take it home to color it and remember all the good things from today!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
For the Classroom
On the Wall
CLASSROOM MOTTO FLIER
Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
• The Thank You Song
Melodies in Motion Dance Time
HEART'S HOME BASE
For the Melodies in Motion dance time you can create a heart (or color this page) for each child so that they start and come back to the same place. A yoga mat, pillow, or towel can also be used.
HEART'S HOME - OPTIONAL COLORING PAGE
• My Heart's Home Base for The Melodies in Motion dances
(Can also use felt, fabric, etc. to make the heart!)