The Melodies in Motion Curriculum for Preschoolers
7 Step Class Curriculum! - Simply follow the numbers to teach the class.
How High Can You Fly
Dance Tree Stamped Ribbons
Cut tree shapes from wood, potatoes
or cardboard. Stamp white or light colored
ribbon with tree stamp.
Glue or staple ribbons onto wooden dowel or empty paper towel holder and twirl!
Life Readiness Lessons:
Self-control, Body Awareness, Ambition, Courage
This sweet lullaby of a song ends The Melodies CD
on a high note, encouraging imagination and
connection with the natural strength of trees to
promote physical and emotional stretching, flexibility, and
balance. A perfect way to wind down children into a state
of relaxed action, facilitating self-control and body awareness,
and positive self-image.
It's Time to Stretch!
1. Circle Time
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
4. Dance the Melodies in Motion!
• 1. Watch the INTRO video to see what moves you will be doing!
• 2, Then watch the the full Melodies in Motion video.
• 3. Teacher dance with the video in background. (Kids may join in.)
• 4. Everyone dance!
*Repeat if you wish.
* The Motions are suggestions that tell a story and introduce basic Yoga standing poses and sign language to students. BUT KIDS CAN DANCE HOWEVER THEY WISH! Just have them start and come back to same place and, of course, respect other's space.
Song Lyrics • How High Can You Fly?
1. INTRO VIDEO
2. The Melodies in Motion - FULL VIDEO
How High Can You Fly song
5. Color Worksheets
Choose (or do both!)
• Life Readiness Lesson Worksheet.
Leading questions to ask as kids as they color:
- Do you remember how little you were as a baby?
- How big are you now?
- You grew so high already!
Can you draw a picture of your amazing self today?
• Matching Game.
- Color, cut out, and play the matching game!
7. Take Home Coloring Page
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto.
*They can also take it home to color it and remember all the good things from today!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
For the Classroom
CLASSROOM MOTTO FLIER
Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
• How High Can You Fly
HEART'S HOME BASE
For the Melodies in Motion dance time you can create a heart (or color this page) for each child so that they start and come back to the same place. A yoga mat, pillow, or towel can also be used.
HEART'S HOME - OPTIONAL COLORING PAGE
• My Heart's Home Base for The Melodies in Motion dances
(Can also use felt, fabric, etc. to make the heart!)