The Melodies in Motion Curriculum for Preschoolers
7 Step Class Curriculum! - Simply follow the numbers to teach the class.
- Take plastic headbands from store and
wrap ribbon rainbow colors onto headband!
- Glue every few inches.
- Leave extra ribbon on ends if wish.
- (Let glue dry before wearing!)
Life Readiness Lessons:
Self-esteem, Confidence, Nature, World and Self-Awareness
This gentle themed song inspired from the rainbow in
The Melodies logo, The Rainbow Song reminds us of the
wonders of this world, while encouraging appreciation,
observation, and respect for the miracles of nature in all
forms through the colors of the rainbow while
encouraging children to Shine Their Light to the world
by shining their own unique colors!
Shine Your Light!
1. Circle Time
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
4. Dance the Melodies in Motion!
• 1. Watch the INTRO video to see what moves you will be doing!
• 2, Then watch the the full Melodies in Motion video.
• 3. Teacher dance with the video in background. (Kids may join in.)
• 4. Everyone dance!
*Repeat if you wish.
* The Motions are suggestions that tell a story and introduce basic Yoga standing poses and sign language to students. BUT KIDS CAN DANCE HOWEVER THEY WISH! Just have them start and come back to same place and, of course, respect other's space.
Song Lyrics • Rainbow Song
1. INTRO VIDEO
2. The Melodies in Motion - FULL VIDEO
5. Color Worksheets
7. Take Home Coloring Page
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto.
*They can also take it home to color it and remember all the good things from today!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
For the Classroom
CLASSROOM MOTTO FLIER
Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
• Rainbow Song
HEART'S HOME BASE
For the Melodies in Motion dance time you can create a heart (or color this page) for each child so that they start and come back to the same place. A yoga mat, pillow, or towel can also be used.
HEART'S HOME - OPTIONAL COLORING PAGE
• My Heart's Home Base for The Melodies in Motion dances
(Can also use felt, fabric, etc. to make the heart!)