The Melodies in Motion Curriculum for Preschoolers
7 Step Class Curriculum! - Simply follow the numbers to teach the class.
This Little Bird
Paper Beach Theme
- Have kids paint beach picture.
- Paint glue onto picture where beach would be.
- Sprinkle sand onto beach glue area!
- Let dry.
Life Readiness Lessons:
Body Control, Self-control, Patience
Inspired by the seagulls who sit so still on the beaches
of Lake Michigan even during the worst storms, this
slow-moving song about a little bird teaches
the Sit So Still lesson in a story like fashion
with lots of alliterations to help children practice self-control,
good posture, balance, and keeping calm and
centered in life, no matter what storms rage around them.
Let's Sit Like the Little Bird!
1. Circle Time
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
4. Dance the Melodies in Motion!
• 1. Watch the INTRO video to see what moves you will be doing!
• 2, Then watch the the full Melodies in Motion video.
• 3. Teacher dance with the video in background. (Kids may join in.)
• 4. Everyone dance!
*Repeat if you wish.
* The Motions are suggestions that tell a story and introduce basic Yoga standing poses and sign language to students. BUT KIDS CAN DANCE HOWEVER THEY WISH! Just have them start and come back to same place and, of course, respect other's space.
Song Lyrics • This Little Bird
1. INTRO VIDEO
2. The Melodies in Motion - FULL VIDEO
This Little Bird
7. Take Home Coloring Page
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto.
*They can also take it home to color it and remember all the good things from today!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
For the Classroom
CLASSROOM MOTTO FLIER
Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
• This Little Bird
HEART'S HOME BASE
For the Melodies in Motion dance time you can create a heart (or color this page) for each child so that they start and come back to the same place. A yoga mat, pillow, or towel can also be used.
HEART'S HOME - OPTIONAL COLORING PAGE
• My Heart's Home Base for The Melodies in Motion dances
(Can also use felt, fabric, etc. to make the heart!)