The Melodies in Motion Curriculum for Preschoolers
7 Step Class Curriculum! - Simply follow the numbers to teach the class.
Color Me Free Canvas!
- Take big pieces of paper or canvas.
- Put out random coloring supplies, crayons, paints, makers, fingerprints, etc.
- Give kids their own areas and directions to keep hands to their area.
- Create whatever they want!
(If they need direction, you can pick a shape,
a color, or a feeling for inspiration!)
Life Readiness Lessons:
Self-Expression, Emotional Regulation, Individuality
Teaching the names and genres of famous painters,
Expression encourages the freedom to be an individual in
a wavelike rocking rhythmic song that brings to light
the creativity of the Masters, teaching positive self expression through art in whatever form, genre, shape or place
it shows up in life. Art truly is the honest expression
of the self. This song reminds us all that
We are Best When We Express Ourselves!
1. Circle Time
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
4. Dance the Melodies in Motion!
• 1. Watch the INTRO video to see what moves you will be doing!
• 2, Then watch the the full Melodies in Motion video.
• 3. Teacher dance with the video in background. (Kids may join in.)
• 4. Everyone dance!
*Repeat if you wish.
* The Motions are suggestions that tell a story and introduce basic Yoga standing poses and sign language to students. BUT KIDS CAN DANCE HOWEVER THEY WISH! Just have them start and come back to same place and, of course, respect other's space.
Song Lyrics • Expression
1. INTRO VIDEO
2. The Melodies in Motion - FULL VIDEO
5. Color Worksheets
Choose (or do both!)
• Life Readiness Lesson Worksheet.
Leading questions to ask as kids as they color:
- What activity makes you happy when you do it?
- What about this activity do you like so much?
- Draw whatever your heart wants to express!
• Matching Game.
- Color, cut out, and play the matching game!
7. Take Home Coloring Page
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto.
*They can also take it home to color it and remember all the good things from today!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
For the Classroom
CLASSROOM MOTTO FLIER
Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
HEART'S HOME BASE
For the Melodies in Motion dance time you can create a heart (or color this page) for each child so that they start and come back to the same place. A yoga mat, pillow, or towel can also be used.
HEART'S HOME - OPTIONAL COLORING PAGE
• My Heart's Home Base for The Melodies in Motion dances
(Can also use felt, fabric, etc. to make the heart!)