The Melodies in Motion Curriculum for Preschoolers
7 Step Class Curriculum! - Simply follow the numbers to teach the class.
Feeling Face Stickers
- Use Sticker Paper or paper with tape.
- Draw feeling faces on paper.
- Use to show how kids are feeling
when they can’t express it.
Life Readiness Lessons:
Empathy, Self-control, Self-awareness
This fast-paced, fun, upbeat song brings to light
the vibrancy of Feelings in all forms, encouraging children
to really feel their feelings in a safe, healthy way
that can restore the balance of any situation,
encourage self-esteem, self resiliency, and confidence
in an otherwise stress or intense situations.
Feel Your Feelings!
1. Circle Time
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
4. Dance the Melodies in Motion!
• 1. Watch the INTRO video to see what moves you will be doing!
• 2, Then watch the the full Melodies in Motion video.
• 3. Teacher dance with the video in background. (Kids may join in.)
• 4. Everyone dance!
*Repeat if you wish.
* The Motions are suggestions that tell a story and introduce basic Yoga standing poses and sign language to students. BUT KIDS CAN DANCE HOWEVER THEY WISH! Just have them start and come back to same place and, of course, respect other's space.
Song Lyrics • Feelings
1. INTRO VIDEO
2. The Melodies in Motion - FULL VIDEO
5. Color Worksheets
Choose (or do both!)
• Life Readiness Lesson Worksheet.
Leading questions to ask as kids as they color:
- Can you name all the Feeling Faces?
- Where in your bod do you feel your feelings?
- Happy? Sad? Mad? Jealous?
• Matching Game.
- Color, cut out, and play the matching game!
7. Take Home Coloring Page
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto.
*They can also take it home to color it and remember all the good things from today!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
For the Classroom
CLASSROOM MOTTO FLIER
Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
HEART'S HOME BASE
For the Melodies in Motion dance time you can create a heart (or color this page) for each child so that they start and come back to the same place. A yoga mat, pillow, or towel can also be used.
HEART'S HOME - OPTIONAL COLORING PAGE
• My Heart's Home Base for The Melodies in Motion dances
(Can also use felt, fabric, etc. to make the heart!)