The Melodies in Motion Curriculum for Preschoolers
7 Step Class Curriculum! - Simply follow the numbers to teach the class.
- Cut out two paper hearts.
- Glue together on wooden dowel or
straw in middle.
Life Readiness Lessons:
Self-control, Conflict Resolution, Compassion, Empathy
One of the favorites in the CD song collection,
Namaste Numbers brings together the lessons
of non-judgment, compassion, and friendship
through Seeing With Your Heart this slow breathing
song that uses numbers to open the hearts and minds
of the children who listen to it.
Let's See With Our Hearts!
1. Circle Time
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
4. Dance the Melodies in Motion!
• 1. Watch the INTRO video to see what moves you will be doing!
• 2, Then watch the the full Melodies in Motion video.
• 3. Teacher dance with the video in background. (Kids may join in.)
• 4. Everyone dance!
*Repeat if you wish.
* The Motions are suggestions that tell a story and introduce basic Yoga standing poses and sign language to students. BUT KIDS CAN DANCE HOWEVER THEY WISH! Just have them start and come back to same place and, of course, respect other's space.
Song Lyrics • Namaste Numbers
1. INTRO VIDEO
2. The Melodies in Motion - FULL VIDEO
5. Color Worksheets
Choose (or do both!)
• Life Readiness Lesson Worksheet.
Leading questions to ask as kids as they color:
- Can you count the numbers? Can you match them?
- What does it look like if you see with your head?
- What does it look like if you see with your heart?
• Matching Game.
- Color, cut out, and play the matching game!
7. Take Home Coloring Page
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto.
*They can also take it home to color it and remember all the good things from today!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
For the Classroom
CLASSROOM MOTTO FLIER
Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
• Namaste Numbers
HEART'S HOME BASE
For the Melodies in Motion dance time you can create a heart (or color this page) for each child so that they start and come back to the same place. A yoga mat, pillow, or towel can also be used.
HEART'S HOME - OPTIONAL COLORING PAGE
• My Heart's Home Base for The Melodies in Motion dances
(Can also use felt, fabric, etc. to make the heart!)