The Melodies in Motion Curriculum for Preschoolers
7 Step Class Curriculum! - Simply follow the numbers to teach the class.
Walk like the Elephant
Felt Animal Masks
1. Draw or cut out animal faces on felt.
2. Glue hair. (Optional)
3. Cut eyeholes.
4. String elastic.
Life Readiness Lessons:
Self-Control, Exercise, Stress Management
Incorporating breathing and walking with imagination
into this easy to use, remember, and enjoy lesson,
Walk Like the Elephant is an upbeat song that brings to light
the imagination of children and their love of animals that
toddlers will love to listen to and dance along!
Can You Walk and Breathe
1. Circle Time
3. Discuss Life Readiness Lesson
4. Dance the Melodies in Motion!
• 1. Watch the INTRO video to see what moves you will be doing!
• 2, Then watch the the full Melodies in Motion video.
• 3. Teacher dance with the video in background. (Kids may join in.)
• 4. Everyone dance!
*Repeat if you wish.
* The Motions are suggestions that tell a story and introduce basic Yoga standing poses and sign language to students. BUT KIDS CAN DANCE HOWEVER THEY WISH! Just have them start and come back to same place and, of course, respect other's space.
Song Lyrics • Walk like the Elephant
1. INTRO VIDEO
2. The Melodies in Motion - FULL VIDEO
Walk Like the Elephant song
5. Color Worksheets
7. Take Home Coloring Page
If there is time, or need to keep kids busy while waiting for next class, here is another coloring page with the song illustration and Melody Motto.
*They can also take it home to color it and remember all the good things from today!
• Melody MOTTO coloring page
For the Classroom
CLASSROOM MOTTO FLIER
Hang the Classroom Motto flier on the wall to remind kids and parents what Life Readiness Lesson you are learning today!
• Walk like the Elephant
HEART'S HOME BASE
For the Melodies in Motion dance time you can create a heart (or color this page) for each child so that they start and come back to the same place. A yoga mat, pillow, or towel can also be used.
HEART'S HOME - OPTIONAL COLORING PAGE
• My Heart's Home Base for The Melodies in Motion dances
(Can also use felt, fabric, etc. to make the heart!)